Community Code of Conduct
ESCALATOR is dedicated to creating a safe, respectful, and collegial environment for the benefit of everyone who participate in our programme.
ESCALATOR is a project run by the South African Centre for Digital Language Resources (SADiLaR) and therefore abides by the SADiLaR code of conduct as published on their website.
The code of conduct does not only apply to in-person workshops, but extends to all engagements related to ESCALATOR including but not limited to:
- in person events of all types
- online activities such as conferences, workshops, presentations, colloquia
- email communication
- social media communication
In order to foster a positive and professional learning environment we encourage the following kinds of behaviours in all platforms and events:
- Use welcoming and inclusive language
- Be respectful of different viewpoints and experiences
- Gracefully accept constructive criticism
- Focus on what is best for the community
- Show courtesy and respect towards other community members
**PLEASE NOTE: By participating in this programme, participants accept to abide by the SADiLaR code of conduct.**